So the meme that is currently spreading through the sociology blogs has caught up to me via yli and Jim Gibbon. In contrast to these two, and Dan Myers, I have absolutely no problem with thinking randomly. Much to the chagrin of the 80 students who have to listen to me lecture three times a week (the poor things). Despite being tagged twice, I'm going to make the executive decision of sticking to 8 random facts.
- Post these rules before you give your facts
- List 8 random facts about yourself
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged.
- I have a distinct telephone aversion. Have all my life. In college, my now-husband and I used to argue over who was going to call the pizza guy and order a pizza. He had the goal of making it through college without ever ordering a pizza. I had the goal of avoiding the horrible contraption that is the telephone. I lost. I actually rank the strength of my friendship with people according to the level of comfort I have with calling them on the phone. If I am writing a script before dialing, you are merely an acquaintance. Unless I regularly email or IM you, in which case you are a friend, but not a 'phone friend,' i.e., a member of my inner circle.
- I used to collect stuffed lemurs. So did my friends in college. We carried them around with us. Once, we took them to Fajoli's, where my lemur was presented with a bib/cape and dubbed "Fritz the Spaghetti Lemur." (He was named after the guy from Wizards. "They've killed Fritz! They've killed Fritz! Those lousy stinking yellow fairies!")
- I believe in fairies, gnomes, brownies, etc. I leave out milk and honey for them on holidays. When I was little, I used to sit at my window on the second floor and watch the fairies play baseball in my yard. And the gnomes would often come and rearrange the items in my closet. With wheelbarrows. I don't think there is such a thing as 'the supernatural.' If it exists, it is natural. Science just can't explain or find it. I believe in fairies because it makes life more fun. Rationality be damned!
- I still make a running leap for my bed at night, so that the monster underneath it doesn't get a chance to grab me. For the same reason, I have to close the closet door, and no limbs may at any point hang over the side of the bed.
- I have a bachelor's degree in art.
- My husband and I dated for seven years before getting married. We've been together for twelve. We were set up on a blind date by a couple we both knew. That couple has long since broken up.
- I love storms. They make me happy. I think gray days are beautiful.
- I have two tattoos. Bubo the owl is tattooed on my lower back, and my wedding ring is a tattoo. I drew both designs myself. Ironically, I spent most of my childhood deathly afraid of owls. When I was 4, I had a nightmare that a man was standing in my bedroom closet wearing a giant owl mask. I was terrified, and refused to even look at an owl until college. My grandma was rather disappointed, since I had loved owls up to then, and always walked around hooting. She was in the process of crocheting me an owl blanket. She had to stop when owls started making me cry and flee in terror.
TAG, YOU'RE IT!!!!